
Nicola Sacco, a shoe maker and Bartolomeo Vanzetti, a fish peddler. These two men were both Italian immigrant anarchists.Two men had committed a crime, murder. These two men were arrested for it although they had valid alibis and the evidence was in direct. They were killed in the electric chair. The bullet used to kill the guard was said to have matched Saccos but they don’t know if he was the one to actually kill him. 50 years after the execution they said that Sacco and Vanzetti didn’t have a fair trial. -Colleen
Sacco & VanzettiNicola Sacco and Bartolomeo Vanzetti were victims of anti-immigrant feelings that were arising after WWI.Witnesses to a murder stated that the murderers appeared to be Italian; Sacco and Vanzetti were arrested three weeks later and accused of committing the murder.Although Sacco and Vanzetti both had strong alibi’s, the jury found them guilty based on circumstantial evidence and they were executed.
- Emily

11 comentarios:
I think that Colleen summarized this subject really well. But, I do think she could've added something about how the trial was unfair.-Jennifer
I think that the fact that they supposidly didn't have a fair trial because of their race is a good fact to have in the summary.
-Colleen
Colleen, I think the occupations of Sacco and Vanzetti were unnecessary to the point of the story.
-Emily
You both gave a lot of good information, but Colleen should've added that the trial was declared unfair 50 years later.
-Brandon
colleeeeeeen did very well, i think their occupations are important, showing that they were hard working americans
I agree with most of the comments when they say that the trial was judged unfairly because of their race
~Rebecca
Both had very good summaries, but for Colleens, I think the fact they were immigrants was enough and the addition of their jobs were a bit much.
For Emily's, I think something she could have added that Sacco and Vanzetti were anarchists was something that could have been added.
I think that you should have mentionede how they thought that one was guilty but the other was inocent
~Allegra
I thought it was interesting about the bullets, and it possibly could've been sacco's.
-Erin
Sacco, a shoe maker, and Venzetti, a fish peddler, were convicted of murder mainly because they were italian anarchists. In this time, Anarchists, communists, and socialists were feared. Although they had alibi's, they were still convicted and found guilty. One reason was that one bullet used to kill the guard was a match to Sacco's gun. This evidence was circumstantial and quite possibly could have been placed after the crime occured. Many conspiracy theories revolve around this case.
Kierstdea Furey
Kierstdea Writes: I think that the summaries were good. They explained what happened. I agree that The unfair trial could have been mentioned but I think that talking about the anti-immigrant feelings in the US at the time would imply some sort of bias against them in a trial.
When writing mine I completly left out that their trial was ruled unfair 50 years later. Nice point whoever put that out there.
Publicar un comentario